Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fire at Sallisaw Motel 6

At approximately 2:45pm the Sallisaw Fire Department along with Pafford EMS was dispatched to the Sallisaw Motel 6 located at 1300 E Cherokee. Upon arriving fire fighters discovered a room fire which they quickly extinguished. According to Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong, a housekeeper had placed a burning cigarette on a table which then fell into a pile of clothing and started a fire in the room. The housekeeper had left the room not realizing the cigarette had started a fire. An on-site groundskeeper smelled smoke and was able to enter the room and attempted to put out the fire but was overcome with fumes from the smoke and fire extinguisher. Sallisaw Fire fighters were quick to put out the fire and EMS attended to the groundskeeper.

Stay tuned to KXMX or visit our website at www.kxmx.com for more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.