A fire of undetermined origin destroyed a storage shed Sunday night, the Sallisaw Fire Department reported.
The storage building was behind a rented home on 919 W. Denton in Sallisaw. Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said the fire department was dispatched at 9:27 p.m. and was on the scene for about 45 minutes.
He said the storage building contained weight equipment, toys and other items belonging to the renters. He said the city electrical department had to be called out to shut off the power because the blaze burned through electrical wires to the home. Power was restored to the residents by Monday, he added.
Armstrong said the storage building was a complete loss.
Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director
For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com