Monday, October 30, 2017

Cooking Fire Destroys Kitchen

The Brent and Sallisaw Fire Departments responded to a kitchen fire on a county road just outside Applegate Cove on Saturday.

Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said no one was injured in the fire and the damage was contained in the kitchen of the mobile home.

The call came in at about 3:50 p.m. Saturday, Armstrong said.

“The lady was cooking in the kitchen when the stove caught fire,” Armstrong said. He added, “The fire destroyed the kitchen, but the home is reparable.”

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.