Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Fire Damages Rental Home

Sallisaw firefighters had to extinguish a fire at a rental property Friday.

Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong reported there were no injuries as a result of the fire but the home, at 1709 N. Maple, was made uninhabitable.

Armstrong said the fire department was dispatched at 8:11 p.m. Friday. When they arrived they found the home’s bedroom engulfed in flames and flames coming out of the bedroom window.

Firefighters had the blaze extinguished in six or seven minutes, Armstrong said.

“There was extensive damage to the bedroom and smoke and heat damage to the rest of the house,” Armstrong said.

He said the renter, who had recently moved in, and her dogs were able to escape the blaze uninjured.

The renter was put in contact with the Red Cross, he said.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.