Friday, May 23, 2014

Kitchen Short Probable Cause of Blaze

No one was injured in a mobile home fire on Chestnut Street last week, Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said. The home was destroyed, and the family found temporary housing with family members, he added. Armstrong did not have a loss figure on the trailer, which was rented by the family. He said the owner is waiting on the insurance adjuster to get a loss amount. The family was awakened by smoke and flames coming from the kitchen, and were able to escape out the back door. They called 911 for help. "We arrived on the scene at 1:30 a.m. and had the fire under control in 20 minutes," Armstrong said. "We were at the site for about two hours," to make sure the fire did not rekindle. Stay tuned to KXMX for the latest news, or visit By Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.