Paul Goleski with his dogs Catchie and Isabel are just one of six families who were displaced by a fire at Royal West Apartments Wednesday evening. Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said the Red Cross and the Immanuel Baptist Church Disaster Team in Sallisaw are helping the displaced tenants find new homes. Two apartments were destroyed and four other units have heavy smoke damage, he said. Armstrong and an insurance adjuster were at the complex Friday morning to view the extent of the damage, and to determine if the six-unit apartment building can be saved or not. Armstrong said the cause of the fire is believed to have been a candle in one of the apartments. For the latest news stay tuned to KXMX or visit www.kxmx.com.
By Sally Maxwell
Senior News Director
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.