Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Extension Building Fire Most Likely Electrical

A fire in or around the stove area in the kitchen on the Extension Building on the Sallisaw Rodeo Grounds was most likely electrical the state fire marshal told Sallisaw city officials Tuesday. The fire was called in at 3:56 a.m. and Sallisaw firemen had the fire out in minutes, but stayed on the scene for two hours to make sure the fire did not rekindle. The old building will still most likely be condemned, Tony Yates, Sequoyah County Extension Educator, said. The building is owned by the city and leased by by members of the Home Community Education. They were working on quilts in the building, and lost some quilts and quilting supplies. Yates said, "They were pretty upset." The group will still hold their annual quilt show later this month at the Sequoyah County Fairgrounds in Sallisaw. Stay tuned to KXMX for news updates! For more stories visit our website at kxmx.com

By Sally Maxwell
News Director

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.