Thursday, September 7, 2017

Small Fire at Salvage Yard Believed Electrical

The Sallisaw Fire Department was dispatched at 1:05 p.m. Thursday to a fire at Hog Creek Salvage on Sallisaw’s northeast side.

Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said firefighters extinguished the fire in about five minutes. He said it is believed the fire was started by a shorted-out electrical wire in an old building where some plastics were stored. The wire caught the plastics on fire but luckily did not spread to some stored tires nearby.

There was no major damage, Armstrong said.

He said 10 Sallisaw firefighters responded to the fire, along with the Central Fire Department. Sallisaw firefighters were at the scene until about 2 p.m. and Central Fire Department’s dispatch was cancelled.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.