Monday, August 21, 2017

Fire on McGee Drive Does $25,000 in Damages

A fire at 420 S. McGee Dr. on Monday morning is believed to have begun in the kitchen, Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said.

Sallisaw firefighters were dispatched at 10:37 a.m. Monday to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Kajesh Bhanot. Armstrong said the fire went from the kitchen, into an attic area and then into the back of the home.

“The fire,” Armstrong said, “did quite a bit of damage to the kitchen. It got inside a wall.”

Damage to the home was estimated at $25,000. There were no injuries, Armstrong said.

The home is insured.

Armstrong said Sallisaw firefighters were on the scene until about 11:50 a.m.

“We got it out quickly,” Armstrong said.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.