Friday, December 30, 2016

Motel Fire Caused by Cigarette

A mattress fire at a Sallisaw motel on Friday was caused by a cigarette, Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong reported.

Armstrong said the Sallisaw Fire Department was dispatched at 2:26 p.m. Friday to a fire at American Best Value Inn on Sallisaw’s west side. Armstrong said the fire was in Room 103. The couple renting the room had been to the nearby dollar store and arrived back at the room before the fire department. The man grabbed a motel fire extinguisher and had the blaze out by the time the fire department arrived, Armstrong said.

The couple reported they suffered from smoke inhalation, Armstrong said, and an ambulance was called so EMTs could check the couple out. They were found to be all right and no one was transported to a hospital.

Armstrong said firefighters removed the damaged bedding, and the room sustained heavy damage from the fire extinguisher, water and smoke. The motel relocated the couple to another room, and the Red Cross was called to assist the couple with replacing items they lost in the fire, Armstrong said.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit

 Green Leaf Properties

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.