Thursday, September 4, 2014

Faulty Motor Causes Smoke in CASC Classroom

Photo: At approximately 12 noon today the Sallisaw Fire Department was dispatched to Carl Albert State College,  Sallisaw campus.  According to authorities there was a smell of smoke detected in the Delores Mitchell Library. No smoke can be seen coming from the building and the Sallisaw Fire Department is currently on the scene. We will update this story when more details become available.
A faulty motor on an air conditioner blew smoke into a classroom at Carl Albert State College, Sallisaw Campus, which resulted in the Sallisaw Fire Department to be dispatched to the campus at about noon Thursday. Steve Padgett, assistant fire chief, said only the one classroom was evacuated, and, when firemen found the cause of the smoke, a CASC maintenance man soon had the air conditioner fixed. Padgett said the fire department was on scene for about 30 minutes. Padgett said, "I'm glad it wasn't anything serious."

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit

 Green Leaf Properties  Vapor Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.