Friday, February 16, 2018

Malfunctioning Heater Results in Fire Call

The Sallisaw Fire Department was dispatched at noon Friday to the Walmart Super Center when construction workers in the store smelled a strange odor. Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said a quick check of the area revealed a heater on the roof, which connected to the former game and video room, had malfunctioned. The game room is currently undergoing a remodel and will serve as a new pickup service office. Armstrong said there was no need to evacuate the store, and shoppers kept coming and going as the fire department found and corrected the problem. The fire department was on scene for about 40 minutes, Armstrong said.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.