Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Lights Out in Motel Room

A bad light at Days Inn in Sallisaw called out the Sallisaw Fire Department and police at about noon Tuesday.

Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong reported the fire department was dispatched to the motel on South Kerr Boulevard because of smoke in Room 208, but no flames.

“As soon as we got in there we could smell it,” Armstrong reported. “It was a fluorescent light ballast that burned out. There really wasn’t any smoke.”

Firefighters shut off the breakers to the room, and Armstrong said the room will have to be out of service until cleaned.

Firemen and police were able to leave the scene before 1 p.m.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.