Friday, January 12, 2018

Fire Damages Apartment, Kills Dog

A morning fire on Thursday at Colonial Square Apartments, at 800 E. Creek in Sallisaw, displaced three residents.

Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong reported the female resident of Apt. #3 was not at home when the fire started, but her dog was and the pet did perish in the fire. Two other apartment residents were also displaced by the fire, but all three were given housing in other apartments, Armstrong reported. The resident of the badly damaged apartment was put in contact with the Red Cross for clothing and other necessities.

Armstrong said the fire department received the dispatch at 9:51 a.m. and when firefighters arrived at the scene flames were coming out the windows and front door. The apartment was heavily damaged by the fire, which is believed to have started in the kitchen around the electric cook stove.

He said firefighters had the fire under control within 10 to 12 minutes and they remained on scene until 11:35 a.m. putting out hot spots.

Armstrong said power was shut off to the entire row of apartments in order to determine if any other power lines were damaged by the fire.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.