Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Home Destroyed in Friday Fire

A Friday fire destroyed a mobile home south of Sallisaw Friday morning.

Brent Rural Fire Department was assisted by Sallisaw Fire Department firefighters, reported Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been a defective electric cook stove and the loss was estimated at $75,000.

The renters, Justin Isaac and Sadie Price, were able to escape and were not reported injured in the blaze. The doublewide home is owned by Danny Cox of the Brent Community. Armstrong said the Red Cross was contacted to assist Isaac and Price.

The home is on South 4613 Road, Armstrong said

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.