Monday, June 26, 2017

Refrigerator Causes Fire

A home at 221 S. Cedar in Sallisaw has smoke, water and fire damage after a refrigerator caught on fire at about 10 a.m. Thursday, Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong reported.

Home owner Mary England was not injured but was concerned about her dog which rushed back into the home after the fire began. Armstrong said firemen found the dog uninjured after they extinguished the fire and set up exhaust fans to remove smoke from the home.

Armstrong said about 15 firemen responded to the dispatch at 10:07 a.m. and had the fire out in about 10 minutes.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist England until the damage to the home, mostly behind the refrigerator, could be repaired, Armstrong said.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.