Monday, April 18, 2016

Sallisaw Woman Suffers Burns in House Fire

A house fire Saturday in Sallisaw sent one woman to the hospital with burns on her hand and arm.

Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said Monday he did not have a report on how the elderly woman was doing.

He said it is believed the fire was started by a pan of grease on the cooking stove and the woman burned her hand and arm when she tried to put the fire out.

Armstrong said a neighbor called the fire in and helped the woman escape from the home. The fire department was dispatched at about 3:35 p.m. to the fire at 216 S. Adams. Armstrong said 12 firefighters responded to the call and had the fire under control in about 15 minutes. Firefighters remained on the scene for about 45 minutes until the fire was extinguished.

He said the kitchen was burned out and the rest of the house suffered heavy smoke damage. The house is unlivable, and has an estimated $30,000 in damages, he said.

Armstrong said the Red Cross was alerted to help the woman with clothing and other necessities

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit

   Green Leaf Properties

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.