Wednesday, March 23, 2016

House Fire Was Accidental

The fire that destroyed the rural Sallisaw home of Wesley Keith on Tuesday may have had an electrical cause, said Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong. Firefighters were on the scene, above, until about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday making sure the fire was extinguished.

Armstrong said Wednesday morning that the boom heard by those visiting the home was most likely caused by something exploding in the garage where the fire started. He said any number of things could have caused the boom heard, such as paint cans or aerosol cans exploding from the heat.

The fire, Armstrong said, “was definitely accidental.”

The fire spread quickly due to 30 mile per hour winds, Armstrong said.

Armstrong said the fire was reported when a family member arrived Tuesday morning and saw flames coming from the garage. Family members had gathered at the home because Keith’s wife, Connie, had died that morning. The family was going through photos preparing for the funeral.

Keith, a retired electric supervisor for the City of Sallisaw, also served as a firefighter for the city for 26 years until he retired, Armstrong said.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit

   Green Leaf Properties

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.