Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sallisaw Firemen Battle Early Morning Blaze

Sallisaw firemen were called to a blaze in an older home on Opdyke Street at 8:09 a.m. Wednesday, Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said.

Armstrong said the fire is believed to have been started by an electric heater. One man was living in the home at the time, and he escaped without injury. Armstrong said the Red Cross was notified to assist with living arrangements and clothes.

Armstrong said the home was valued at an estimated $30,000 and it is a total loss.

The fire chief said 16 firemen responded to the fire and had the fire under control in about 15 minutes. They remained on the scene for an hour and a half, until about 9:30 a.m., to make sure the fire was out.

Sallisaw police blocked off the street, he explained, because a fire hose had to be run to a nearby hydrant, and vehicles running over the lines not only disrupt the water flow but can also damage the hoses.

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit

   Green Leaf Properties

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.