Friday, February 27, 2015

Firefighters Extinguish Trailer Fire in 15 Minutes

Firefighters had a trailer house fire out in about 15 minutes after arriving at the scene north of Muldrow Thursday afternoon. Liberty Fire Chief David Richards said Liberty Volunteer Firefighters were dispatched at about 5 p.m. Thursday to the home on State Highway 64 B, near the Long Run Diner, north of Muldrow. He said no injuries were reported, and the home was damaged about 40 percent by fire and smoke. The fire was started by a clothes dryer, he reported. The Liberty, Maple and Nicut Volunteer Fire Departments were dispatched to the fire, which is the usual procedure, Richards said. "Any time we have a structure fire in the east end of the county, three fire departments are dispatched," Richards explained. "It guarantees we have enough firemen and it helps with insurance." He added that firefighters were on the scene for about an hour after quickly extinguishing the fire to make sure the fire did not restart. 

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit

 Green Leaf Properties

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.