A fire at a house just north of the Sequoyah County Fairgrounds, on Sallisaw's northeast side, rekindled late Thursday and destroyed the home.
Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said the home was possibly struck by lightning on Wednesday, which may have damaged the home's electric wiring. Although Sallisaw firefighters extinguished the earlier blaze, when electric power was restored to the home following the first fire, the damaged wiring could have rekindled, Armstrong said.
Owner Scott Ellis said he did have insurance on the home. He and his family were not at home and were staying elsewhere due to the smell of smoke which remained after the first fire. Armstrong said Sallisaw was assisted in fighting the blaze by the Central Volunteer Fire Department. The house was already on the ground when fire departments arrived at about 1:30 a.m., Armstrong said, and firefighters were at the scene for about two hours.
Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director
For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.