The Sallisaw Chamber of Commerce is supporting the Shop Small campaign, the small business owners’ answer to Black Friday. Shop Small will be held nation-wide on Saturday, Nov. 28, following Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
Judy Martens, Sallisaw Chamber executive director, said, “Let’s follow the nationally advertised event of Shop Small on Nov. 28 by shopping with our small businesses here in Sallisaw. By doing this, we are being Vocal for Local at the same time!”
Martens said there are many reasons to Shop Small and support local businesses.
1. Every time you shop with a small, local business you are supporting several of them. Those business owners are very likely to again spend that money locally.
2. Your local Chamber of Commerce supports over 95 percent by the small businesses here in Sallisaw.
3. Your spending dollars in Sallisaw help create more jobs locally.
4. You get better service from shopping with the people you know.
5. These business owners live here. They take pride in their community.
6. Increase the services we must have in the community. Every time you shop, our tax dollars help create a better quality of life for the residents of Sallisaw. The cities in Oklahoma live and die by sales tax revenue. If you want good streets, plenty of police and fire protection, good utilities and many other services provided by the city, SHOP LOCAL on Nov. 28!
Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director
For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com