Tuesday, January 13, 2015

House Fire Caused by Kerosene Heater

A house fire Monday morning in Sallisaw is believed to have been started by a kerosene heater, Sallisaw Fire Chief Anthony Armstrong said. Armstrong said the Sallisaw Fire Department was dispatched at 1:58 a.m. Monday to a home on North Farm Road. A family of four escaped the blaze unharmed and was put in touch with the Red Cross for clothing for the parents and two teenage children. Relatives offered shelter for the family. Armstrong said the fire was believed to have started in the home's living room where a kerosene heater was burning. The living room was burned out and the rest of the house received smoke damage. Firefighters had the blaze under control in 10 minutes, and were on the scene for about 40 minutes to ensure hot spots were extinguished. Armstrong said the home owners said they had no insurance. 

Sally Maxwell, Senior News Director

For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com

 Green Leaf Properties

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.