Friday, January 3, 2014

Early Morning House Fire In Poteau

Just after 1 a.m. Friday morning, firefighters responded to a house fire on S. Blvd in Poteau.  Upon arrival fire crews said the front rooms of the house and porch were engulfed in flames and neighboring homes were at risk.

One man who was inside the home suffered cuts to his hands after running back inside the home to save his pets.  According to John Pickel, Poteau Fire Chief, two dogs and a cat made it out, but are now lost after the crew rushed the man to safety.

The cause of the fire is very likely a space heater, Pickel said.

For more stories visit us at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.