Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Muldrow Father & Son Lose House To Fire

Early Wednesday morning about 3 a.m., a call was received regarding a house fire located on Hwy 64B just north of Muldrow.  When crews arrived, flames were shooting out of the home and an SUV parked in the driveway was on fire.  The residents, a father and son, were both home but got out safely along with the family dogs.

According to Assistant Fire Chief Shawn Fuller with the Maple Rural Fire Department, it is believed the fire started in the chimney, spreading to the attic.  It then went across the metal roof due to the wind.  Fuller said the house was a total loss.  He also said the location of the house made it very challenging for the crews to get to.  It sits on a hill approximately a quarter of a mile from the road with a narrow driveway that has a creek running across it.

Muldrow, Liberty and Maple fire departments along with Sequoyah County deputies were on the scene of the fire.

For more stories visit us at 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.